Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day Greetings!

Xmas eve was slow and easy. Met up with YC for a brief dinner at Bedok. It was a simple hawker fare. Received a box of pralines from him. They tasted heavenly! Esp after using up so much energy for my dance show at Hawaiian BBQ! hee!

Xmas day itself was madness! Was in church for the late morning service. Had a sinful lunch at Jack's place with Angela and Serene. Received a shawl from Angela. It was such a thoughtful gift cos i was deciding whether to get a brown shawl for quite a while. She gave me another corporate planner which looked really nice and sleek. But, im not sure if i'd the chance to use it. Ive been getting too many planners and I can only choose to work with one. Aww, no wonder it is often said that we are just too spoilt for choices in life!

It's been a long time since Ive patronised Jack's place. The Q was horrible and seemed especially cruel when our stomachs were growling. Joined the heat of Mango sales at Iseatan after lunch. Walked out of the place cos I simply cant beat the wrestling and jostling of the crowd. And crap! I think guys shld be banned from the ladies' boutique! They are such a hindrance. Arrgghhh..

After my 20 mins ordeal with the shoppers, I headed for tea with YC at coffee club. Qs again! Goodness... Headed home to rest and change before having another sinful meal with Marcus. Then, it was drinks with Amy and gang at Circular Rd. Lucky thing that it was just Chivas with green tea and I could get away with the night, ALIVE!

Yesterday's sermon was about what are the things that really matter in our lives and more specifically, in God's eyes. The pastor made a reference to an example whereby a couple was on the verge of divorce when the wife decided to pen down a 100 reasons why she loved her husband. The husband was moved by her gesture and the marriage was salvaged. In this example, love was shown to be the real thing that mattered to the couple, as compared to the deep conflict they were in. Drawing an allusion to my present situtation, Im getting confused once more. Should I stay firm with my decision?


"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing."- Marc Chagall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home